Elect WOC Training Institute Resource Center
Below you will find links to resources to help your campaign. We will update the resource center with new materials as necessary. The documents in this resource page are not intended to be shared with people who have not attended a Lillian’s List Elect WOC Training Institute in 2021. We understand you may need to share these documents with members of your campaign team, however we ask that you don’t share these resources outside of your trusted core team. The videos of our trainings are private and can only be viewed if you have the link. Please do not share documents, links to the videos, or the password to this page. Please direct all of your questions to Devon Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training Slide Deck and Contact List
- Elect WOC Training Institute Slide Deck (Campaigns 101, Personal Narrative, Repro Justice, some rolodexing advice)
- Fundraising Slide Deck by Quiana McKenzie from EMILY’s List
- Contact list of attendees
- Link to learn more about NC Board of Elections mandatory treasurer training
Resources from the Reproductive Justice Section
- Black Reproductive Justice Policy Agenda – PDF
- United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Suggested books
- Reproductive Justice an Introduction by Loretta Ross and Rickie Solinger
- Killing the Black Body by Dorothy Roberts
Social Media Trainings by Jenna Wadsworth. Jenna is a former Lillian’s List Featured Candidate and former candidate for Commissioner of Agriculture.
- Training Part 1 – Intro to social media and how to use Facebook (table of contents slide at 9:14)
- Training Part 2 – How to use Twitter (table of contents slide at 00:15)
- Training Part 3 – How to use Instagram (table of contents slide at 00:12)
- Training Part 4 – How to use Tiktok and tips for taking high quality videos (table of contents slide at 00:16)
- Training Part 5 – Content creation, graphic design, social media management strategies (table of contents slide at 00:16)
If you have questions about the Social Media trainings please email them to Devon. She can create and FAQ for these sections if necessary. If there are other resources or worksheets you feel would be helpful please also let Devon know.
Worksheets to get your campaign set up
- Sample Budget – This is for a NC House campaign but it should be helpful in crafting a budget for a different size race.
- Build Your Own Call Time Script
- Campaign Plan Template
- Rolodexing Exercise
- EMILY’s List Rolodexing worksheet
- Find Your Kitchen Cabinet
- Example Rolodex Spreadsheet
- Example Pledge Follow up Spreadsheet
- How to download finance reports from the NCSBOE
- How to determine the right office to run for
- Questions we didn’t have time to get to
- List of endorsement organizations (This list is not complete, it’s just a start. Make sure to look up community groups in your own community. If you want to send those orgs our way we can update the list.)